Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Election Day in Queens

On assignment for my ICP Seminar Leader (and Chair of the Photojournalism department), Alison Morley, I went out photographing the election.

Many of my classmates were barred from entering polling stations with the intention to photograph. Fortunately, I met without resistance in the early hours in Jackson Heights, where I live.

When I returned later this evening, the police officer wouldn't let me enter.

On the brighter side of this election, both during the day and in the evening, dedicated activists were working the streets ...
everyday folks looking to promote school reform and increased funding, revamping the election process,

and Teamsters union officials pushing for the election of
Eliot Spitzer... who became New York state's first Democratic governor in 12 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment